Sunday, June 10, 2007

Here Comes Summer!


Here in the Mid-South, summer means relatively high temperatures and VERY high humidity. People say it's hot here. They know not what they speak of. I lived in the Phoenix area before I moved to Central Arkansas. 110 degrees is hot. 115 degrees is very hot. The warmest it's been here in the four years I've lived in Little Rock was 102. Granted, the humidity here is out of sight compared to Arizona. But I still say these folks don't know what 'hot' is. I go back to visit my younger brother in Scottsdale, AZ twice a year. I was there in the summer of 2006, and the thermometer on my rental car read 121. That's what HOT is.


Nonetheless, it's very warm and humid here in Central Arkansas right now. We had some heavy-duty thunderstorms roll through here earlier this evening. Now the skies are clearing, just in time for me to go outside and greet my little creatures of the night. :) Here's a new pic of me, taken just this evening.


-- Looking at this the next day, I wasn't very smiley in this pic. Oh well. I do smile now and then. :o)

No comments: