Monday, June 18, 2007

Gay hair?

I dressed in nasty-ugly camp drag for Halloween one year when I lived in San Francisco. My getup included a horrible black wig, sprayed stiff with hairspray, with plastic spiders in it. That was gay hair, I suppose. Towleroad posted this link to NY Magazine that gives a new perspective on gay hair, fingers, hands, voices.

http://nymag.com/news/features/33520/

So far I'm batting 0. My hair twists clockwise, I'm right-handed, my index finger is shorter than my ring finger (on both hands), and I have a deep voice - I don't think I have a gay accent, but I wouldn't mind if I did. People (you know the kind I mean) might watch their mouths around me if I was more obviously gay. But I digress. What this article does point to is that there are quite a few variants in the human species that occur at a similar frequency as homosexuality in the population. And, religion has been undignified toward more than one of them: Left handed people were once thought to be "possessed" and in need of re-training to use the right hand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good words.

Anonymous said...

зачем так много? [url=http://profvesti.ru/o-tekhnologiyakh-stroitelstva/63-monolitnoye-stroitelstvo-tekhnologiya.html]строительный портал тюмень[/url]