Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day, For Those Of Us Last In Line

PageOneQ posted this article from a Canadian newspaper. I found the final paragraph very interesting. It's about gay dads reflecting on life as a second-class family in conservative western Canada:

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Edmonton/2007/06/17/4267211-sun.html

Could it be that the kingdom of Christ is here on Earth? I don't know the book, chapter or verse, but Jesus did say that in His kingdom, "those who are last shall be first, and those who are first shall be last."

As much as I would love to see Heaven, I am still very much interested in seeing the Earth and our world reconciled and ruled by Jesus, the master of compassion and kindness. If gays will not enter the kingdom of God (Heaven), then I hope that I can live on the "new Earth." A new Heaven and a new Earth are mentioned in the Bible. As one who has seen unspeakable injustice done in the name of God here on Earth, I am really excited about the emergence of Christ's "new Earth."

No comments: