Sunday, July 22, 2007

Skip Jamaica

I doubt that I would ever take a carribean cruise, given the region's notoriously bad attitude toward gays. But, if I could pick and choose among carribean destinations, I might give a couple of the more progressive spots a chance. Jamaica, however, is out of the question:

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lifestyle/html/20070721T200000-0500_125498_OBS_BEENIE_MAN_DENIES_SIGNING_DEAL_WITH_GAY_GROUP_.asp

I've read other stories in the Jamaica Observer which were tainted with the same poisonous reporting style: Uncritical coverage of a foul-mouthed bigot's statements. I urge progressive and centerist Christians to avoid Jamaica and its 'products', such as this entertainer's music. Let the fundamentalists go there to have their pockets picked while supporting Jamaica's hate.

No comments: